"Everything is possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23

Monday, December 3, 2012

A Bittersweet Ending

Ashley and I after we
received our bids to Delta Zeta!
A little over three years ago, I was being drug from sorority house to sorority house by a platinum blonde girl, who talked too much and too loud. I never saw myself in a sorority, let alone president of a sorority. And here I stand today, my last day as president of our wonderful chapter. It has been both an honor and a blessing to serve as your president this past year. I have learned so much about this sorority and the women that make up this chapter, and I have learned a lot about myself. I have watched our sorority grow in numbers and in I have watched my sisters grow as women. I have found my own leadership style and I have learned what it takes to be a leader. Serving as your president was never easy, nothing is easy with you girls, but at the end of the day, I knew that it would always be worth it.

My little and g-little
I had an amazing executive board to back me up on my decisions, who respect each other and could always make me laugh. Thank you for being a great group of ladies to work with. I had great chairwomen whose brilliant ideas and endless planning made me beam with pride and say, “Those are my girls.” I also had sisters who may not have played a leading role, but you are what make our sorority strong. Encouraging words, likes on Facebook, or even just a hug could make every bad day better. To my little, thank you for always putting up with me and complaining. I promise you’ll still be the First Daughter and get security wherever you go.

I have watched our chapter overcome adversity, and I have seen our chapter’s amazing accomplishments. I am excited to pass on the ever-burning flame to Nichole and I look forward to watching her lead our chapter. Respect her, listen to her, and be patient with new changes. Nichole, call me whenever you need. I’ll be sitting by my phone waiting.

Thank you girls, for allowing me to be your president over the past year. It has been an amazing experience, and one that I will never forget. Keep working hard at everything you do and keep making our chapter the most wonderful chapter there is. I’ll still be around next semester if you ever need someone to talk to, to get advice from or just to vent about life. Thank you for this wonderful experience and I am so thankful to be a part of this fantastic sisterhood.  
The sisterhood before Philanthropy Round
The sisterhood before Sisterhood Round
After winning Greek Sing 2012!!!!
Myself with other Region 5 Delta Zeta Presidents
at the 50th Delta Zeta National Convention!
My beautiful senior class!

No comments:

Post a Comment