- Serve as central coordination point across departments for real-time communication strategy and tactics.
- Act as primary contact point and clearinghouse for breaking issues affecting the organization on mainstream or social media.
- Ensure that the company monitors and responds to appropriate forums in real time.
- Fill key roles in crisis communication planning and execution.
- Advise, train, coach and counsel other employees on real-time communication.
I also did some research on my own for a similar position. On Monster.com , Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. listed a job summary for a Director of Social Marketing in the Direct to Consumer department in Warner Bros. Digital Distribution. The job summary that was listed on the Monster web site ran very closely alongside of the description that Scott and his followers put together. Both positions required leadership and communication. The Warner Bros. job was more descriptive when talking about projects and other specific tasks.
|Image courtesy of |