"Everything is possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23

Monday, October 1, 2012

My Favorite Chair

I'd like to tell you about my favorite chair. My yellow chair. My homework chair. This chair is amazing!

Over Easter break last spring, I went to my great aunt's house to look for some furniture that I could put in my new apartment at school. I found this one chair in the back room and instantly began imagining what I could do with it. So I took it home and put it in the basement for a few months. When summer rolled around, I told my mom that I wanted to reupholster the chair. It was a dirty, peachy color with white flowers on it. I wish I had a picture of what it looked like originally. The cushions were sagging and you could tell it was an old worn-down chair. So my mom and I took the chair to a local reupholster shop and picked out the fabric that would go with the color scheme for my room.

After about a month and a half, I came home from work one day and there was my chair, sitting in the middle of the living room! I was so excited I screamed! The chair was covered in the yellow fabric I had picked out and had been re-stuffed and fixed-up.

I love this chair! When I sit in it, the back of the chair fits perfectly to my back. The back almost wraps around me completely. The cushions are not too soft, but not too hard. I can easily sit in it and do my homework. On rainy days I wrap up in a blanket and read for my classes. Or just like tonight, I sit in my chair and write my blog. This chair is not just my favorite chair, but it is also a piece of my family and my history. My mom is bringing my great aunt down to visit in the next few weeks and I hope she loves my chair as much as I do. I plan on keeping this chair forever and making it a part of my future. Maybe one day, my great niece will find it and make it her own favorite chair.


1 comment:

  1. It's awesome that you dedicated a blog post to a chair! However, I must say that the chair is deserving of a post. People need to know the awesomeness of this chair because I've sat in it and it's one of the most comfortable chairs I've sat in. Plus it's very cool how you tied in family history. I bet your great aunt will be thrilled with the chair.

    ReplyDelete