"Everything is possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23

Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's raining. It's pouring.

Rain, rain go away. Come again another day.

This is literally how I feel all of the time here in Ada. It has been said that it rains more in Ada than it does in Seattle, Washington. I believe it. I don't normally use my blog to complain about things because frankly, I find that annoying. However, I do know that the weather in Ada is a major issue. Not only does it continuously rain, but the wind can be a bit ridiculous, too. Last year, it felt as if it rained every single Monday and if it wasn't raining, it was windier than all get-out.
This photo is courtesy of flickr.com

Just the other day I was walking home from class, in the rain of course, and there were puddles. Not good-for-jumping-puddles, but the kind of puddles that go half way up your rain boot when you step in it. I had to carefully find a path around the puddle in order to avoid the mini flood that was taking over the sidewalk. The very next day, it was so windy that when I rode my bike into the gusty wind, I was blown backwards a few inches.

You may think I am exaggerating to some extend; however, when you go through two umbrellas and one pair of rain boots each year, I'm sure you would be thinking the same thing. Ada is rainy. Have you ever had an unpleasant experience with the rain or wind in Ada?


1 comment:

  1. Melissa I don't think that you used your blog to complain, you were just speaking truth. I completely agree with you. I always check what the weather is like at home, and it is always worse here in Ada. My sophomore year I was walking back to Stadium view in the rain and a truck drove by and drenched me. I was so mad! Hopefully the weather will start to improve. I just hope the winter is good to us. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete