"Everything is possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23

Monday, September 24, 2012

Ode to Ice Cream

Photo courtesy of
alligatorice.com
Chocolate, cookie dough, Moosetracks and milkshakes. Are you drooling yet? I know I am! I love ice cream. It is one of my most favorite sweet treats. I love to stick with my "usual" flavors but sometimes I'll step outside of the box. I especially love anything with brownies, fudge, Oreos or chocolate. I like to put a ton of toppings on top of my ice cream when I make myself a bowl at home. I even love ice cream so much that I posted a poll on my blog not too long ago about which flavor of ice cream was my readers' favorites. I received the following results: one chocolate, one vanilla, one mint chocolate chip, and two strawberry. Clearly my readers don't have their priorities straight because chocolate is the best!

No matter what time of year or what kind of mood I am in, ice cream always hits the spot. That's why I'm kind of sad that the weather is getting cooler and soon Buster's will be closing for the winter. I absolutely love going to Buster's! The small- town ice cream place is located on the south side of town next to Dollar General. There are a few picnic tables in the front and some flowers along the building but there is some amazing ice cream inside. I love walking up to the window, whether I'm with my friends or by myself, ordering and then sitting down with the anticipation of getting my ice cream. The moment when I finally am given my ice cream and take my first bite is pure bliss.
Photo courtesy of hiddenbosten.com

Once winter hits, Buster's will close their windows and I'll have to wait until next spring to get some great soft-serve ice cream with any toppings of my choice mixed in my ice cream. Until then, I'll have to satisfy my ice cream fix with 3 Brothers hard serve ice cream. What is your favorite ice cream creation?


1 comment:

  1. Yum! This post made me so hungry! I love Buster's ice cream and it makes me so sad when soft serve places close for the Winter. But 3 Brothers is great because they serve Dietschs ice cream. Dietschs is from my hometown, Findlay. So when I was living in Ada it was nice to have something delicious and familiar.

    ReplyDelete